View Single Post
Old 12-5-2018, 05:48 PM   #470
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8

Page 19 Thread Responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdiPotato View Post
How do you post a screenshot?
I've posted instructions in the OP. Feel free to share your scores with others, just know that you don't need to post a screenshot unless the dashboard has failed to save your best score for this round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardstyleLover View Post
It's nice to have the tournament dashboard automatically save scores like it does for the official tournaments. This should be used for user hosted tournaments more often, especially since they're becoming pretty rare.
Yeah, it's saved me the hassle of having to update a spreadsheet of scores. It's definitely a lifesaver!
However, I do think that if the dashboard is used for other user-run tournaments in the future, that the host of the tournament should have had hosted at least one successful tournament beforehand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko_Atsumaki View Post
Ive been putting in photo links for my song submission and it doesn't pop up in my thread uwu
The tournament dashboard (found in the OP and on the left sidebar of the homepage) has your best score already saved
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenchery View Post
im not on the dashboard for d3?
Not sure how I missed you. You should be in now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
d4 song is still impossible this fine day
:3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marik von B View Post
-score-
It seems like you've improved your score considerably since then Best of luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
I mean having one great skill makes or breaks you. Could be godlike at trills and be a much higher division than youre capable of being in. Im sure theres some people in d7 that dont really belong.

Edit: im D6 despite not having scarhand and not being able to aaa higher than 83 lol. And theres d6 players that have 90s aaad
I'm personally garbage at trills and jacks. I bet there are D2 players that could kick my ass on Club :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
there's no way people are actually beating this song
it's way too fast

this definitely isn't a me thing, I just was able to clear GSC champion battle which is also at 15 but is way easier than this song
FFR has been around for over 16 years at this point. That's plenty of time for people to get insanely good at this game, including being able to pass Policy in the Sky.

Also, I think you have a major misunderstanding of how the difficulty system works. The difficulty system is supposed to be a measure of how difficult it is to get a AAA on a file (that it, to only get Amazings and Perfect with 0 goods, 0 averages, 0 misses, and 0 boos). Ironically, the difficulty system is a very poor measurement of how difficult it is to pass a file due to extremely generous health mechanic on FFR. For files where the notes are dense enough, you can mindlessly mash nonsensically on the keyboard and likely still be able to pass.

The way the scoring for this tournament works is based on raw scoring. That is, you want to try as much as possible to get perfect accuracy on the file (ideally, you'd want to AAA the file). That is why I said earlier that you still have room to improve your Power score.

Quote:
the division 7 song is easier than the division 1 song because I can get farther in the division 7 song
Easier to pass? For some people, yes. Easier in any other sense? No. See my response above to your other post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdew7 View Post
This is my first time posting a screenshot. Hopefully it works!! I'm so glad I finally AAA'd this! Thought I was going to do it first try. Sadly, I was wrong D:
When you post on imgur, instead of clicking on the copy button that's provided when you upload, instead right click on the file and click on "copy image address" (or something similar for browsers other than Chrome).
Quote:
I'm personally garbage at this, I got something like 300ms. I wouldn't be surprised if this has some kind of correlation to how awful I am at jacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxophilis View Post
tfw you were almost d5 when you left 4 years ago now you're barely out of d3 in terms of skill
Hopefully you can derust soon!

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing