View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 12:44 AM   #1
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default TWG 207: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode) [POST-GAME]

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode)

Hosted by: Hateandhatred
Scum Team and Protagonist Win
Co-MVPs: XelNya and Arp!

1: Hakulyte: The Monarch, Jusis Albarea (Killed N1)
2: MixMasterLar: The Forewoman, Alisa Reinford (Lost at Endgame)
3: _Zenith_/Charu: The Radiant Blademaster's Daughter, Laura S. Arseid (Lost at Endgame)
4: T-Force: The Musician, Elliot Craig (Lost at Endgame)
5: Dafty.Pixel: The Wind Warrior, Gaius Worzel (Lost at Endgame)
6: Lightknight924: The Inspector, Machias Reignitz (Lynched D2)
7: Arp!: The Protagonist, Rean Schwarzer (Won at Endgame)
8: ToonE156: The All-Knowing Child, Millium Orion (Killed N2)
9: XelNya: The Jaeger Sentinel, Fie Claussell (Won at Endgame)
10: mellon_collie: The Playboy, Crow Armbrust (Won at Endgame)
11: Sourissette: The Witch, Emma Millstein (Won at Endgame)

Host Comments:

This was a fun experiment, and I enjoyed my time as host a lot. I can't say it ran perfectly smoothly, but especially for my first time, I am very satisfied with how things went down. HUGE shoutouts to my The Sun Fan, who got roped in probably way more than he bargained for and was still a fantastic assistant. Without him, this setup would have failed miserably.

I learned a lot from running this, and I would love to run another mechanics-heavy game like this someday. Definitely not this setup exactly, I really don't love having a Merlin, but it still worked out decently. It's probably not gonna be the next game I propose (I'm pretty sure the next time I want to host, I will want something "normal"), but I'm definitely going to submit another "No VT" game one of these days.

Also, I love Kiseki, and pretty much everything Falcom, ever, so if I got a few people at least interested in this franchise, it's a big bonus! As for the fic, I have most of Day 2 to adapt and what transpired tonight, so I'll release it in a little while. It didn't look like the game was going to end tonight, but I'll go hard at it in the coming days. But as far as TWG goes, I hope it was all fun and "immersive" enough.

I'll discuss player performances in post #2. I will however say that both XelNya and Arp! equally deserve MVP. Neither of them did anything wrong in regards to their win condition and it would be unfair to penalize Arp! simply for rolling a 3rd party character. In the meantime, I will now accept game proposals from other people.

I hope you all enjoyed this game and I'd be happy to receive feedback on your experience with this setup!

Night 0:
Rean: Picked mellon_collie

Night 1:
Machias: Checks mellon_collie
Gaius: Stays at home
Laura: Puts sword away
Jusis: Jails and spares Charu
Elliot: Protects MixMasterLar
Crow: Does not Kill, Roleblocks MixMasterLar
Fie: Kills Hakulyte, Delays Hakulyte
Emma: Does not kill

Night 2:
Gaius: Stays at home
Laura: Puts sword away
Elliot: Protects mellon_collie
Crow: Kills ToonE156, Roleblocks ToonE156
Fie: Does not kill, Delays XelNya
Emma: Does not kill, Mesmerizes Dafty.Pixel

Jail conversation

Every single action interaction

Scum Chat

Dead Chat

Last edited by Hateandhatred; 08-25-2023 at 09:59 AM..
Hateandhatred is offline   Reply With Quote