View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #13
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The FFR compilation pack need graphics! [CHECK LIST IN 1ST POST][+CREDITS]

"Sloppy and inconsistent" in what way? You're talking to a guy that strictly adheres to rules and conventions of typography who also spends more time typesetting than actual image working on a daily basis. My method of typesetting was learned from industry professionals that have been and are still working for decades from both my graphic design program and at my current design internship. I'm probably one of the most knowledgeable people on this site when it comes to typography, so it really offends me that you claim that what I do is amateur-ish when I've been learning from industry and academic professionals for several years—this isn't something I learned on my own, sitting on my ass watching YouTube tutorials while working from a cracked version of Adobe software I torrented.

You can share your own opinion on typesetting, but that's not to say that it's factual and that your way should be the only way to do it. Yes, I see the graphics are plain and boring, but I choose to design this method—I defy the Stepmania graphic norms of loading graphics with as much shit and effects as possible in favour of print design influenced minimalism and simplicity. It is something I've always done at my own discretion ever since I began to pursue a career as a designer—print design can work equally as well for screen design is what I'm implying. Something as simple as a solid coloured background with some nicely set designer typefaces can suffice and serve even better than some fancy hipster shit slapped together with horrible typefaces downloaded from dafont loaded with with bad Photoshop effects.

In the end, these are the graphics I wish to use for my file. Take it or leave the old, shitty abstract piece I stole from osu! that doesn't satisfy what I want in the graphics. If you choose to remake the graphics set on your own accord, include it as an alternate set but do not use it as the main.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 01-19-2013 at 06:41 PM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote