Old 12-1-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The world in 4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Toymaker View Post
Nothing.
Please learn to actually post right, or just get out. Seriously.

Anyways, if you think about it, technology has been increasing exponentially for a long time. 70 years, imagine telling someone that they could have a personal computer that holds terabytes of information and that they could have something like an Ipad where everything is touchscreen.
Then imagine 300 years ago, roughly 3-4 lifetimes, when the industrial revolution hadnt even happened.

With that in mind, I believe one of a few things can happen:
1. One dominant country with a leader that is just a /touch/ too radical could launch nukes 1000 times stronger than Hiroshima and end the world in a nuclear wasteland. It's actually pretty plausible, considering the instability in the minds of some dictators.

2. If everyone on Earth manages to get along, then I honestly expect things that are in science fiction, such as flying cars(such a thing already exists for a few creative people), schools will all be electronic, over super advanced webcams, etc. I think gaming will be ridiculous with some super fancy Virtual Reality Simulator allowing you to actually be in the game(leading to all sorts of addictions and escapism most likely)

3. The longest kingdoms on Earth generally only last under a one or two thousand years, so eventually there will probably be new forms of government to grow alongside that of democracy and communism, both of which are still relatively new in their applicable forms, or even overtake them as the predominant government systems.

4. Earth reaches its carrying capacity, everyone starts dying of starvation, disease, and lack of water, and animals have fun until the world ends.

Last edited by dragonmegaXX; 12-1-2011 at 03:31 PM..
dragonmegaXX is offline   Reply With Quote