View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 09:39 PM   #13
Lights
owo
Head of Events Team
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: What's your opinion on the game?

Thats a spicy take and doesn't do the matter Justice ToonE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 View Post
You have the Divisions, Skill rating (this BS led me to be placed in Division freaking 3 for this years Halloweens torunament despite me being a mid D5 player) Tier Points, AAA Equivalency, Average Rank, etc.
Don't conflate Skill Rating divisions and tournament divisions- they're not the same thing despite their naming. In actuality you're on the lower end of the Division 5 skillratings and likely would have been placed in Division 4 with 8 divisions in play. However since there was no Division 1, the numbers just went down. I know this has been explained to you several times now. Tournament divisions work differently because those Skill rating numbers alone are not enough (and cannot be enough) to properly place people for the sake of a tournament. The goal posts move based on the people that sign up- skill rating brackets in the leaderboard do not.

Quote:
It's like you forced 4 students who all hate eachother to do a middle school group project, like yeah, it """works""" in the end, but it feels super conflicting
The systems you mentioned above are fairly modular in the sense that they don't really impact one another- Tierpoints, Average Rank, AAA Equivalency rank are all different approaches to demonstrating a player's skill level. You can choose to focus on what you want to focus on, but i don't see any manner in which they really conflict with eachother.

Quote:
How is my skill rating a 71, this makes no sense to me
Weighted average of your top 15 scores. Thats it, theres literally no nuance to it beyond that. Hence why, as stated before, its not the only factor that decides which division you are placed in for tournaments.
Lights is offline   Reply With Quote