Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 06:15 AM   #88
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
Haven't technically lost my job, but on a 60 day furlough as a result of this.

In a good enough spot to weather it if need be, but would rather not so I guess I'm job searching.
Best of luck to ya, the job search is pretty suckish over here.

Lots of people's businesses are being forcibly closed due to mandatory measures & actions from governments.

When it's 'only grocery stores, government support businesses, government structure buildings, and other jobs required to keep society working (such as post office, hospitals, or pharmacies); The large sum of people working minimum wage in non-essential positions are flooding the job market for the essential locations. It's completely backed up. Wal-mart where I live has told me to look elsewhere, as they have a queue of 50+ people with accepted resumes, waiting for a position. Can only assume it's like this elsewhere.

Really sucks for people living paycheck to paycheck. And depending on how long this epidemic lasts, it's going to put a fair amount of strain on multiple local governments across the world.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 03-22-2020 at 06:18 AM..