View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 11:33 PM   #172
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 110: Lonerism by Tame Impala

I've been meaning to listen to this one for a LONG ASS TIME after hearing a few singles but never got around to it. Now I'm forcing myself to get to this to gauge the worth of a Friday Boston Calling ticket. I'd be missing out on literally all but 3 artists, but hey I'd get to see Beck. $60 is a bit steep for one artist though so I'd like to be able to think to myself "this is a good decision".

A. This music is really swirly
B. This guy is trying way too hard to sound like John Lennon
C. Actually, this whole thing could be summed up as "21st century synthy Magical Mystery Tour"
D. Admittedly that's a pretty shallow way to put it, but the Beatles influence is high here.
E. These songs mostly blend right into each other
F. In spite of that fact, I find myself enjoying myself immensely
G. I have some wisdom teeth painkillers that I think would pair nicely with this album
H. I'm not some druggy
I. My mouth hurts at the moment, but I prefer to limit my painkiller intake because I'm a good child.
J. For some reason, they chose to end the album with a really long piano ballad.
K. I'm not gonna have a favorite song here.
L. The piano ballad turns into a delay-drenched guitar effects showcase after 3 minutes.
M. I think this band would be pretty interesting live.
N. I'm done here.

Best Track: I told you
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote