View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 10:53 PM   #250
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Permissions List and Information v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname219 View Post
Been wanting to add The BMS of Fighters but haven't been able to figure out where to find and how to explain the validity of the permission and I recall multiple conversations at some point about that. Gonna have to do some more research before adding.
Keep it as-is. Although, it should be updated to reflect that it's not permissions based on the music being open source. I believe it's getting treated as the 'takedown' option atm. People can submit BMSofFighters-specific music still, but if the music authors ask FFR to take them down, then they come down. No different to if we have permissions already from someone currently, and they decide to revoke their own permissions later. This is why they're still treated as permission. If we take down BMSofFighters-related content completely, then it means hundreds of songs will become disabled.

Currently, if you want music from other BMS-related venues, then you should provide proof that either the event host requires the submissions to be royalty free/CC permission'd/etc., or the venue host requires events to agree to something similar.

It's still heavily in the works however. We have permission from the person running BMSofFighters, but beyond actual exclaimers & some stuff that changes based on translation (It's in JP, not Eng), it's not a informed conclusion on the subject. I've contacted Synthlight about it, but not much on the table as of late.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote