View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 04:25 PM   #1
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar
Default Starting a brutal diet + exercise

So part is by choice, part isn't.

I exercise somewhat, around twice a week at the gym. Ideally I'll be aiming for 4 days. I mostly do a combination of strength training and high rep cardio work outs, and rpm classes (spin class).

I walk to work every day, to and from, 4.6 km of walking (though to me since I've been walking my whole life isn't much).

problem is, I fucking love food. I'm a chef, and it's a fitting career for me. I was diagnosed with bad acid reflux when I was 20. Doctors said it was too young to be having that kind of issue. After getting medication to kill off a bacteria that was causing acid in my stomach, I went on an allergen free diet. It helped me find out I was allergic to dairy. Like badly allergic to casein.

5 years later, I still have acid reflux pretty fiercely. They say if I don't make efforts to remedy it, I could eventually develop cancer in my esophagus. That'd be a bad time.

I've also been a slight chub for most of my young adult years. by slight chub I mean more fat than I'd like for my lovely beer gut. I fucking love beer too. but that's besides the point. I'm at 6'2" and 198lbs which is the most I've ever weighed. I used to play ITG every friday, and would play during my breaks (I worked at the theater where the cab was) and that kept me scrawny most of my late teen years. SCWolf would remember those intense days. These days the amount of exercise I do isn't enough.

Doctor is ordering me to go back on my allergen free diet. This diet is brutal in terms of habit, but as far as restrictions it's not -that- bad. I have to do two months without the following:

-dairy
-wheat (any gluten)
-eggs
-soy
-shellfish
-nuts

also very limited amounts of acid causing foods, such as coffee, tea, tomatoes, and alcohol. After the two months, I have to incorporate them all one by one in two week intervals (save for dairy which would probably kill me).

I'm taking this opportunity to combine this diet with weight loss. This is where I ask you fellas for advice. How would I go about this without depriving myself of nutrients I need? Cutting everything at once will be a sort of shock and I feel like I'll either be starving myself or pigging out on roast beef. I'm pretty well versed in culinary arts to meal planning isn't an issue. I'm mostly worried about what things I shouldn't opt out of my diet.

I'm set at 2931 calories daily for maintaining weight, I'd like to get to 175lbs (losing 23lbs)