View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 09:23 AM   #14
SubaruPoptart
da kyo~
Number Judger
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Wiki StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SubaruPoptart
Default Re: Who all is going to delete their youtube channel come Jan 1?

I have a channel and it's mainly Minecraft and FFR, with some other things smattered in there in between, and from what I understand of the whole "Anything cartoony seems to be counted as 'children's content'", I feel if I don't mark everything I do as "for kids" it'll just get ganked. And on that note, I don't swear whatsoever, but since most of them are a Minecraft server, with a considerable amount of swearing and other forbidden profanities which I can't name in the chat I'm not sure.

It was mentioned they may take the video at face value; literally judging a book by its cover. The thumbnail or title and what not. So I (at this point in time) still don't really know what all's going on but I'm very much considering abandoning YouTube or just going radio silent until they get all that stuff sorted out. I don't feel like getting ganked by the FTC just because I'm recording a so-called "children's game" that may have any adult content within it and had marked it as a "child-friendly video" just because I didn't have any control over the things that occurred in the video.

I've been doing YouTube since bout 2016, and tbh havin all that work get just stripped because of some new crisis. Because here's the timeline of all my concerns over the years. From 2017 onwards, I was terrified of copyright. Having uploaded a bunch of FFR, with music games and what not, copyright can just... come from anywhere. Without any warning, without ability to appeal. The copyright system is still jank as hell at this point which still sucks but yeah. My fears diverted to some other weird false claiming and false-copyright strike stuff somewhere in the beginning of 2019 but I don't really remember all too much of that, but now this is probably it. All the other like, adpocalypse crap ain't got nothin on this.

So yeah. I may not delete my channel, I may just make my videos private, since idk what the deal with private/unlisted videos are. I may just not upload anything until all that's sorted out. I really hope it gets sorted out or amended in some way before January 1st but knowing how this stuff goes, nobody in the official place or whatever it's called will listen so we just gotta deal with the consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamerai View Post
damnit subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
if cocoa flips town, n2 vig should shoot zenith obv
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Okay, I'm 7 pages deep and this is a shitfest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
wolf gurls exist awooo owo ¿furries? owo awoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
My beak is bigger than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Oh God it's Subaru
Quote: