View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 11:57 AM   #1109
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2020 albums halp

Day 739: Yeo-Neun by Okkyung Lee

I saw her open for Swans almost 4 years ago now, and barely remember what her act is like. Before you say anything, shut up I scalped. Anyways, my description of this show back then was

Quote:
Originally Posted by me at 18
"Some weird solo shit right here."
I remember the vibe being vaguely neo-classical but a whole lot weirder than that, and in some ways even more aggressive than Michael Gira's Flying Circus, mostly ones that I like more than just turning up the volume past reasonable.

This album is for the most part nowhere near as weird as I, uh, think that performance was. A few tracks here are atonal, but only the run from the end half of In Stardust (For Kang Kyung-ok) to The Longest Morning contains anything as chaotic as my memories tell me that performance was. For the most part, this is just really lovely stuff, and the vibe reminds me of cutting class in high school to get baked, drink 10 espresso shots over ice and walk through malls while listening to vaporwave until I ended up showing up to school at 10:59AM. Color me pleasantly surprised after being caught way off.

Best Track: Facing Your Shadows
Rating: 8/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote