Old 11-25-2018, 10:15 PM   #7
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: (Reborn!!) The Piano Minipack of Elegance 2 [NEED GFX]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixlSM View Post
This would break PR in a lot of places

Yes and no... A varied file with flexible PR will always feel better for the player than a monotonous file with perfect PR. At least, that's what I learned from experience.

Fixed where applicable, however some of the mentioned jumps have a very significantly louder volume compared to the piano notes around it which imo justifies some of the jumps.

It's forgivable imo if the first few occurence(s) are stepped correctly. If you show you understand PR right away, a change in patterns will not be seen as a mistake, but rather as a way to make the chart feel more varied.

the 2 places you mentioned have similar issues, that PR can only go so far with 4 lanes, and I prefer to avoid "wrap around" PR if its only going to wrap for one note (which instead makes it look like I have totally wrong PR instead)

Again, being strict about PR is good, but it should not become an absolute. You should never feel like PR limits you to make an interesting chart. Especially when using jumps: since you have 2 arrows moving at once, there's no way to tell which arrow is moving up or down. In short, PR feels way worse when two different sounding sections look completely the same. The global picture is important

Theres only 3 ways to make jumptrills ([12][34]/[13][24]/[14][23]) and since each type is assigned to a certain part of that melody relative to their own sections, theres not really anything I can do to change it up other than to arbitrarily randomize which parts of the melody get which type of jumptrill just because the melody went down on octave or w/e.
I'll be sending the fixed version of the file soon, thanks for feedback
I don't remember the file enough to address this, but I'm sure you'll come up with something good
Writing on mobile, answered in quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 11-25-2018 at 10:17 PM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote