Old 06-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #46
infinity.
sideways 8
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to infinity.
Default Re: Transgender AMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
unsurprisingly the only thing going on in this thread is tautological semantic balloons being twisted into various metaphors or idioms such as chickens and/or eggs and hamster wheels, so I'll do my part. You[people/society] can't realize something about a social construct. You can realize effects or causes or trends or deficiencies in current systems but you can't realize that gender is or isn't something else because society created it, there's nothing external to the definition of it in the conscious frame of society to realize. You can't realize that, actually, there are only 6 languages (i'm warning you don't bring this example up to a linguist.) That doesn't make sense. The biological need for specialization directed early roles of males/females in nomadic cultures. Society created gender as sex became obsolete. It's whatever we want it to be. It exists to allow us a malleable format of an intrinsic biological property that we may adjust as needed. There's nothing to realize about it.

anything derivative of an existing social construct is by definition a social construct so i don't see where this thread of logic goes or what the point is

oh wait i do it's just thought-acidic pablum to be regurgitated after ingesting any stimulus of thought for fear of retaining any of it

that's definitely not a bulimia joke

actually it is

i don't necessarily disagree with you on the general points here but i still think you're an idiot
similarly its really tough to argue with someone that just throws around pretentious words to seem smarter lol

i published a long paper on gender norms in china a few years ago and found this to be the most impactful reading on how we should think about gender. think of it as a nexus between performativity and cosmology. transition in this sense is an interesting topic because its proactively trying to reshape how you exist in the world and how the world perceives you through performing differently, but imo its do-able

nerds

Last edited by infinity.; 06-26-2018 at 08:22 AM..
infinity. is offline   Reply With Quote