View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 11:19 AM   #28
Lights
owo
Head of Events Team
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Definition of a FFR AA

The pushback on this proposal is a bit confusing to me. There are a lot of ways to play a 4key VSRG, as demonstrated by the variety of games that have risen to popularity these days. Over time these games are seeing more and more overlap in their playerbase and with that will come gradual changes in what players would like to see.

AA (or S-rank if youre from one of those games) is a pretty fundamental competency benchmark that simply has no equivalent in FFR at the moment. Neither FC nor SDG work as a viable substitute for this particular benchmark. And regardless of how one feels about FC or SDG, I don't think that has any strong impact on the AA benchmark and whether or not it'd be a useful inclusion.

Personally, I have no strong opinion about whether or not its based in raw goods or raw score, It doesn't matter to me how its reflected in the stats on the website (at least in the near future), and it doesn't particularly matter to me that an AA score isn't going to be particularly relevant to one's ranking- the important part is the utility and engagement it provides when playing stuff a bit outside of one's AAA / SDG range.
Lights is offline   Reply With Quote