View Single Post
Old 03-8-2015, 03:15 PM   #56
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Difficulty Changelog

A specific sub-tier of difficulties should group files together that are equally as difficult to score on. With FFR's end goal for all files being a AAA, it makes sense that files remain equally as difficult (or very close) to AAA as the other files in the sub-tier.

I don't expect the difficulty tiers for all higher level songs to make much sense to players that aren't close to AAAs on these files. Lets define close as 3g or better. It makes sense that high D6 and D7+ largely dictate where files in the upper echelon end up, because these are the players that are getting close to AAAs, and file ratings are, again, largely based on difficulty to AAA. It wouldn't make sense to rate ToY as high as 93 or 94 because some D6 players can score teens on Husigi but comparatively much worse on ToY, because once they cross a certain threshold in skill and are able to get 'close' to AAAs on 89+ files instead of teens, ToY will play nowhere near the difficulty level it once was to them.

This is why feedback from players who are close to AAAs for certain sub-tiers is more valuable. When I get to the mid and lower FMOs, I hope D5 players become very vocal in this thread, and I hope D6 players can post and shred anything blatantly wrong that I moved today in 79 - 84. Feedback from D7 players is (usually) far less valuable in these ranges compared to these guys, because they can blaze past everything at this level and, uh, usually don't offer objective feedback because of that lol. But the players that need to work a bit more for AAAs at these ranges (and are capable of doing so), I want to hear from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 03-8-2015 at 03:21 PM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote