View Single Post
Old 03-8-2015, 10:27 AM   #48
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Difficulty Changelog

Thinking of You to me has been the easiest 89 for the longest time, and the difference between ToY and the other speed-oriented (stamina-oriented 89s+ don't exist aside from Serious Shit and they're uncomparable) is very noticeable to me. It's insanely straight forward and also not very demanding for most people who COULD get Gekijouban.

ToY is a speed/stamina-oriented file, so you can either do it or you don't. The question is at which skill level would it be very doable for the player. I consider "very doable" high SDG/low teens at least. Compared to other 89s (aside from Japan Style Breakcore, which I personally think isn't an 89 but onions), there are a relatively good number of players at high D6 level who are able to do (and have the potential to do) the file pretty easily. There's also the fact that most players are good at jumpstream - which would justifiably underrate files like ToY, because difficulties to me are supposed to tell you how hard would a file be based on an average person's skillset. The average FFR player is better at jumpstream/speed, rather than say jacks or stupid bursts a la Integraation; which is why files like Club, Almost There and Revolutionary Etude are rated as high as they are at the moment. If this was a community where jacks are usually more common, you would see files like Club being far lower than it is on FFR, but files like EHHS far higher than its assigned rating here.

Gekijouban is only given to D7 players, if you get Gekijouban you essentially become D7. 227 BPM jumpstream isn't very fast for an 89, while it could be compensated for its length and semi-difficult patterning, I just don't think it really warrants such a high difficulty because I feel that most (there are exceptions, but those players could usually get something like Schmollbluk/CCCP AAA'd) low D7 players should be able to do 230 BPM jumpstream for ages. ToY's streams are long but I don't think they're fast enough (or hell, even long enough) to give Gekijouban. Consistency definitely matters, but this isn't too hard of a file to be inconsistent on.

tl;dr ToY is definitely hard and stamina-draining, but I just don't think it's stamina draining enough to give out Gekijouban

EDIT: I personally think FREEDOM DiVE is overrated as well, I don't think it's really hard enough to warrant 88 - it's definitely the lowest 88 atm but its extremely lenient patterning makes it feel far easier than most jumpstreams at its density and speed.

Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 03-8-2015 at 10:29 AM..
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote