View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 03:45 PM   #24
dell2150
FFR Veteran
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to dell2150
Default Re: Cold Heart [84 or 81]

Does the difficulty go by FC'ing? AAA'ing? Something else? Cause the file is really easy in terms of speed, patterns, manipulation possibility, length etc etc in terms of how it plays it feels.. insanely easy. Electro v2, Wraith etc other files people have mentioned are much harder to FC because they demand more stamina or speed etc they demand SOMETHING. However Cold Heart in my opinion is harder to AAA because with uneven rhythms, room for pattern manipulation, etc there is more room for stupid error to drop a good/boo.

For a personal example, it's technically and easily more FC'able than something like Etude for the Sinners (85), but I would probably be more likely to AAA Etude because it is much more straightforward. JS, a few jacks, and one fastish stream, as opposed to the "unpredictability" of Cold Heart. I say that in quotes because I'm familiar with the song from StepMania, and it is stepped well imo, so it's easily understood for me.

If I had to give a difficulty, I would personally rate it mid 81 to low 82. I don't think D6 would have so many AAAs so quickly and the worst passing score being 3 goods within the first hour of release if it were actually an 84. With that being said, it has (thus far) been very annoying and frustrating to attempt an AAA on, which is what I want with the tourney, a struggle xD so I'm happy with the choice.

Last edited by dell2150; 10-31-2014 at 03:53 PM..
dell2150 is offline   Reply With Quote