View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 02:45 PM   #7
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: 2015 July/August Set 2

i just lost my entire post as i was typing this so i'll try to remember what went into it (editing locally this time)

Ashes to Ashes: 0/10 (incomplete as noted above)

- if you're only going to step so much of a song, be sure to cut the rest

d e a t h p i a n o (for four pianos) V2: 7/10

- so while it would be cool to have a more accessible chart for death piano, that also means you have to pick some pianos to step rather than all of them
- and unfortunately you confused me in some places by doing this
- m19: the 16ths are hard for me to pick up on here because what sounds most prominent seems to actually be more 12ths with an 8th inserted. if they're 16ths i don't think they're trilling the same way the 12ths are
- i think i had a note in between here but i forget what it was
- m48 is where things start to get real weird. whatever's playing the 16ths is very quiet, so i'm wondering if you were using these to actually approximate the 24ths seen in the original, in a more reasonable form. the loudest thing going on here is definitely purple. not sure how ffr feels about streams like this as a technique, but there's certainly enough going on in the song that i feel like a better choice could be made here
- m54 is especially wat because i cannot really hear anything playing 16ths that is trilling, but i do hear some ascending/descending 16ths - are you trying to ease what the 24ths of V1 would be doing?
- m56, though. many of the 16th bits feel like they get a late start, because in the fourth beat of each measure here (should be third music-wise, but you're a beat off in the chart thanks to earlier) the 12ths tend to die out in favor of 16ths. but all of those are stepped with 12ths instead of 16ths.
- rest of the chart is all right, since the song mainly repeats a part that's OK after that
- good foundation and some great ideas make for a fun and flowy chart, but i'm not sure that it's the best it could be in terms of instrumentation
- i listened on slower rates to try and figure out what was going on. 650~941 is a helpful iso for m48 onward, for the next person that comes along
- eta: i say "trilling" a lot but mostly i mean that to refer to how you stepped it, rather than what's happening in the song

Dragonsbane: 8.5*/10 (starred to check on sync)

- pretty fun boss stream file
- sync is noticeably off to me in the whole starting ~126bpm part; the arrows arrive late
- it's much improved for the rest of the song though
- the purple drum bits looked a little weird to me at first but they seem all right
- i can understand avoiding 3 note jacks at this difficulty level so those parts are cool too
- in game yes please

Pinkie Pie Loves Sugar: 1/10

- so contrary to what other people have said i'm pretty sure that your offset and BPM are actually pretty good. the 4ths seem to be coming in pretty accurate places
- unfortunately it seems like you stepped the file with autosync, which can work if you're super laser accurate with your timing, but here that's...not the case
- all of your notes appear to be red/blue/purple as well. purple notes are appropriate for when you have 3 notes per beat, but that's very much not the case in this song, except for maybe a few parts like the trilly fifths at 0:22
- not sure if you're working in SM or ddream. ddream for sure has two types of assist ticks that can help. one that you can toggle with F3 gives you a metronome click on each beat so you can check sync. the other toggles with F4 and gives you a clap on each note; those claps should line up with the sounds in the song you want to step, so that's how you can tell your notes are in the right place.

Last edited by inDheart; 07-22-2016 at 03:15 PM..