View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #14
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Mental illness thread

IIRC I tried the 'don't think too much' angle back in 2002. It's about as effective as 'just stop breathing' Coming to that conclusion is growth though. Accepting inevitabilities.

I now delve in over-thinking daily almost as much as I want to. I've begun trying various forms of higher self-awareness, meditations, I guess. The altered state of awareness that marijuana has given me on occasion has helped. That I'm addicted to the stuff doesn't. I'm exploring Buddhism.

My over-thinking has lead me to explore concepts of religion, philosophy. It's resulted in a paradigm-shift. By paradigm-shift I mean that things that I have taken as truth or reality, has shifted. 'I' here is my thought process. It's like I'm a decision-tree, each thought returns true or false, leads to a new pathway for a new thought. So it's like changing a switch high up on the decision tree, the paradigm shift. It's trying to reset, or create aknew, everything that I knew under the old paradigm, and fitting into the new one.

Oh yeah I recently read stuff supporting my idea that pesticides promote mental illness. A few studies working with farmers. Other things just ideas of exactly how specific pesticides interact with the body to possibly create the altered function that leads to depression and anxiety, things that are testable. Not that this is particularly useful right now.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote