View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 11:17 PM   #10
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Mental illness thread

I want to do my thesis on mental illness, but I'm afraid whoever my adviser is is gonna be like, "but why tho" and I'll just be like I'm also afraid of explaining it to my friends/people in general, since I don't really talk about my issues with them anyway. But I still want to do it. Heh

I've had depression and anxiety for a while though. Most of the time I'm fine, like now, but I almost had to take a year off of school this past year because things went south, and because of that I don't think I can live my life without accepting that my mental illness is a part of me.

Being busy helps me a lot. I take as many classes and participate in as many extracurricular activities as I can so I don't have time to think. I also volunteer at a crisis hotline. I've found that it helps me feel less pathetic that people have to help me with my own problems, haha.

I also wasn't pre-med for a while, but because of how horrible my last semester was and a really bad chat I had with someone at the crisis hotline I reconsidered, so maybe something good came out of everything bad that happened.

Speaking of which, I'm procrastinating on studying for the MCAT 'cause I'll inevitably fail. ;______________;
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote