View Single Post
Old 09-6-2019, 07:54 PM   #566
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG 189: Funnygurl VS T-Force Rivalry GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihiro Fujisaki View Post

DaBackpack is the most likely active player to be a wolf. I think his overanalysis of Kappa complaining about saying the wrong thing D0 is the best example of my concerns with his play. There was a 6 minute time frame between Kappa submitting his response to Xel, and Xel posting. With that in mind, I find DBP's analysis to have been completely context deaf. There are similar problems with his focus on inD. I have attempted to question him and been wholly unsatisfied with his participation.

what does this mean?

my thing with Kappa wasn't overanalysis, it was quite literally a contradiction or fabrication. when you're scumhunting you're looking for contradictions between actions and words. kappa had projected a different mindset than I think he actually has. him saying something stupid, then brushing it aside as "haha I always say something stupid D0" is indisputably weird with n=2. as a potential wolf trait, it's self-deprecation as a means of diffusing some perceived tension. it's not damning by itself, I didn't vote the guy, but I don't see how my reasoning isn't at least comprehensible to you.

You mention "context deaf". what about that six minute interval changes this scenario? like yeah when I did my catch up I read the entire thread in one go so I probably missed those time-sensitive cues but I'm wondering what specifically about this six-minute window factors in to your read on Kappa.

RE: Indheart, I probably goofed there, sure. I wolfread him for having a lot of posts, most of which were poking other players, and I thought he was trying to make a lot of "noise" without giving actual reads or content. It wasn't until we talked that I came around to the idea that indheart was doing this most likely for the reason he gave at face-value: there really wasn't anybody else talking and he took that into his own hands.

but you have to ask yourself not "is this person making logical sense" or "is this person considering this context", but "does this person believe what they're saying?"

to which I ask, do you not think I'm actually try to reason things out in both of those cases?

In my opinion Xel comes off as self focused and, lazy so far. Jokingly poking at Kappa does not really make him wolfy, nor does not being very available at the end. But they do not make him town, and he has done very little otherwise. He claims to be sad sun fan died, while supposedly maintaining anger against being pushed yesterday. I will not pretend that I think questioning Xel will help me. It is his choice to step up to the plate or not.

nah after yesterday I'd rather stick him in a crucible and if he's a wolf he'll crumble, letting him go at his own pace means nothing's gonna happen
response to star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic