View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 09:21 AM   #1421
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2022 albums halp

Day 955: Crash by Charli XCX (Album Choice: it's the great hyperpop fandom, Charlie Brown)

I'm beginning to question my sexuality bc of my fandom of this artist.

Actually, never mind, I'm almost certainly bi. Who cares? I'd rather be a bisexual POC than a hetero white guy or a LGBTQIA+ white guy. Really I'm just glad I'm not white so fuck y'all.

Anyways, the virginal caucasian internet music nerds seem to be calling this a massive disappointment. Why? I don't understand. This is certainly not as good as How I'm Feeling Now but it kicks the shit out of any other stuff I've heard from her. It's not got the quote-unquote complexity or experimentation of some of her more recent works, but what it does have is FUN. Almost every track on this album would make for a great party/rave track to play on the dance floor. The beats she chooses are dance-y, rave-y, and varied enough in the different types of entry-level EDM vibes she chooses for backing tracks. I would 100% go nuts if half of these played at a party. Fun > whatever those /mu/-reading idiots value in an artist like this.

Best Track: the one-two punch of Good Ones and Constant Repeat
Rating: 7.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote