View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 11:23 PM   #65
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: hi19hi19 Pack 6 - Long Have We Waited RELEASED

Okay, can I ask what's the deal with several people now claiming that I apparently "copied" another file for ENDYMION (long version)? In particular, I've been accused of stealing the file from Project Alpha.

Let me just say, I didn't, until hearing of this, even know that pack existed. I literally have not even seen the name Sheenoboo before. For what it's worth, I basically don't download other packs. I just make my own files for fun in my little bubble and release them every half decade.

Being curious, I went and downloaded the file.
How the fuck is this in any way similar to my file?

It's over 3.5 MSD harder than my file.
It has 533 more arrows than mine, not to mention the 38 mines, or the fact it uses holds at all.
It has completely different layering and patterns in nearly every single section.
I would say the only thing it shares is the fact both our files are sycned correctly, but they very accurately dicksynced the 80.108 violin squeals and I didn't, and they also unambiguously fucked up the quantization in the section at 234.729 (it plays fine but those are 12ths bro). So not even the sync on our files is the same.

Are people just mad that someone else dared to also step the same song? Am I missing something? Can someone explain this so I stop getting DMmed about it?

In case people are wondering - yes, I'm salty. When I release something I've worked hard on the last thing I want is people claiming I stole something I didn't even know existed. Please stop spreading this lie. And if anyone knows who started it, tell them I say go fuck yourself. Thanks.

EDIT- For the record, now that I've downloaded it I can say the Project Alpha file is also a banger. Really fun to play and I would even recommend it over playing mine on high rates if you are looking for a file to the song in the 23+ range. But for fuck's sake can people stop accusing me of having stolen stuff from it

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-14-2021 at 01:05 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote