View Single Post
Old 08-8-2018, 10:02 PM   #7
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto
Default Re: Quick rant on fitness

There have been a lot of studies on l-glutamine, it has something to do with glycogen synthesis post-workout and muscle recovery. If you aren't eating much it is one of the main ones you would want to supplement. But it would be included in BCAA's or p much any normal protein source, although they say the body can use much more than what is "needed" and does well with more flooding the system after a workout.

L-glycine in higher doses makes my muscles relax, I'll take it with magnesium supplements at bed time sometimes when I'm really beat up from my workout

I don't take them religiously, but ya

It's just that people at supplement shops want to sell you a lot of L-glutamine and tell you to take it like 3 times a day, like 15gs a day. I don't notice a difference doing that vs taking 5gs after a hard workout and I feel like I do recover a bit faster

edit: Also, glycine is supposed to help with collagen production esp in older people like 40+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

Last edited by Syhto; 08-8-2018 at 10:03 PM..
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote