View Single Post
Old 03-1-2015, 10:45 PM   #174
Trogdor!!!!
Forever
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
Day 111: The Dance of the Moon and the Sun by Natural Snow Buildings (Album Choice: EzExZeRo7497)

I've been meaning to listen to this one for like a couple of years now, but never wanted to divest a full two and a half hours into the completely unfamiliar. I was proud of myself for listening to Dopesmoker and this one was a bit more daunting. But I had to get to it sometime, right? Might as well do it while it's still snowy.

I originally planned to go over some SAT flashcards while listening to this album, but at the moment I'm too focused on this music. This is a goddamn MASSIVE album, and it's extremely slow and drone-filled yet it never gets boring. The second track is a bunch of mindless bass noodling, but it's mesmerizing bass noodling.

Never once during the course of two and a half hours did I lose enough interest to want to type words, or study SAT words (though I did get up to get a drink). This reminds me of a more ambient Mount Eerie. Simultaneously warm and cold, distant yet inviting, self-indulgent and expansive yet never boring or pretentious. I have no real complaints for this album, it's the perfect soundtrack to a lonely winter night.

Also, the secret track is great.

Best Track: The Cover-Up, though Wisconsin is very nice as well.
Rating: 8.5/10
I am quite fond of this review, thanks. Also nice best track picks.