Thread: France
View Single Post
Old 11-2-2020, 01:01 PM   #21
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: France

To play devil's advocate in discussion since I am not fully knowledgeable on an Islam standpoint, the "not all Muslims" argument also applies to western religions, like Christianity. There are extremists in Christianity that do some things I would argue are humanitarian violations, but are regarded as fair teachings, and there has been little to show in resolving the issues inherent in that, even in western countries.

I wonder if in the next 5-ish years or so, if USA's tune of "defund the police" will turn into "defund religion". The topic of having religion play a role in court politics in USA has already been visited multiple times.

I don't think the discussion was meant to be directed as 'islamophobia', but rather 'the concentration of extremists in this particular religion is higher than the concentration of extremists in other religions, and xxxxxxxxxx is the reason'. I agree with Dynam0's POV that the controversy started because some people decided to kill instead of properly protest, and they are wrong for that, despite their reasoning being religion. I disagree however, that the cause/reason is purely religion-based. There's a lot going on right now. There's lockdowns from the virus. Job loss due to the pandemic. Charlie Hebdo is not necessarily helping that tension, but have the freedom of expression to do so.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 11-2-2020 at 01:14 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote