View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 12:49 AM   #1103
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2020 albums halp

Day 735: WOMB by Purity Ring

I know for a fact that I haven't reviewed these guys. I say that because I thought I did, but then I remembered the only place I know these guys from is from the Search Party theme song. Fuck you HBO Max for making me wait 3 years for the third season.

On the plus side, in between thinking those things I thought that I knew them from the neo-Nazi [adult swim] show but they weren't on there after all! Why, Ovlov, why...

Anyways, upon listening to this, I thought it was fine, but then I randomly realized I wasn't listening to the first track anymore but instead the end of the third! This shit is so incredibly same-y that the previous sentence is not even a joke, I swear they used slight variations of the exact same melody three times in a row. After that, it isn't quite as obvious, but this entire album is just kind of eh to me. It would be more pleasant if the singer's voice didn't get on my nerves, but it's not SO bad that I can't stand it, it's just a little too much airy falsetto.

For a 35 minute album, I'm disappointed. Oh well, onto the next one!

Best Track: Femia
Rating: 4.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote