View Single Post
Old 05-2-2014, 10:51 PM   #24
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Rock/Metal Album Reviews | 1 Year Challenge

Fuck my initial start date I'm starting reviews today! My reviews will done in Stream of Consciousness, so I'll be writing the review as I'm listening.

ALBUM #1 (Suggested by EzExZeRo7497)

The Luna Sequence - They Follow You Home

Tracklist:

(Bolded Song is the Favorite of the Album)

1. I Eat Your Heart
2. The Famine
3. Hope on Black Wings
4. My Love Undone
5. Lure the Vultures
6. Scattered
7. The Path to Abandonment
8. Borderline
9. Lotus Descending
10. The Collective Voice
11. Ocean Under Light

An interesting instrumental album that utilizes electronic in it's songs often, quite well, too. The electronic usage is found almost immediately with the start of the album on I Eat Your Heart , and continues into The Famine. I'm beginning to believe that the album is actually more electronic with rock/metal influence, not vice versa. I enjoyed the rhythms, but overall, the first two tracks sounded pretty similar overall. The Famine had a buildup I very much enjoyed later in the song, however.

Hope on Black Wings is where I first really noticed why Eze suggested this. The song begins with some dark tones played at moderate speed on a guitar, then some heavy electric (guitar and literal electronic) kick in. The switching between calm and heavy in this song was really nice. My Love Undone has some great bass usage, throughout the song, however the synth melody I wasn't a fan of, that felt a little bland. Again, this song was pretty electronic. Lure the Vultures and Scattered were nothing special for the album, really. Sounded more or less identical to the first two tracks.

The Path to Abandonment and The Collective were more songs that the influence of Rock/Metal was heard, blending it with the electronic. These were most likely my second and third favorite songs. The remaining songs go back to being more generic electronic, nothing interesting.

Overall, the album was pretty unexciting to me. Hearing the first song (before hearing the others, obviously) was pretty cool, but after that it just felt like the same thing over and over again to me, nothing to dramatic changed. Also it was a bit closer to electronic than Rock/Metal, I'd say. Not necessarily bad, but not my cup of tea either. I wish it was a bit less electronic, really.

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆ 5 - Decent

--

My next review(s) will likely follow the same structure, with more or less detail depending on the genre and/or my knowledge of the given situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote