View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #369
Without A Contraceptive
FFR Player

Default Re: FFR poker league -ongoing-

ya loose passive players are the Best to have in a game. tag players (me) eat them up over long sessions, it just takes time. people i play with regularly think i play super laggy because i make my presence known when im in a hand.

when playing full handed, i very rarely limp. the only things im limping are suited connectors in position with a few limpers in front of me (even this, im raising ~50% of the time depending on how the nights going), weak aces trying to flop two pairs, and small pairs. playing tag in cash games is really not that difficult. the biggest problems i see with people knew to poker are limping too many hands and folding premium cash game hands.

limping hands like A8o, K9s, etc. 6+ handed is really weak. even if you flop your pair, a lot of the time youre beat. every night i see people limp these, flop top pair and call off their whole stack.

last night this nit (been playing for a few months, mostly cheap tourneys with his friends) woke up with JTs in the sb with the pot raised to $4 total from the button ($1/1 8 handed holdem). he snap folded then moaned about his bad luck when the flop came T82; 2 spades and a spade on the turn. he would have dragged a big pot against two pairs or something. imo this is a snap call for $3 more dollars.

long story short limp my pots then fold when i cbet and call me with top pair when i check raise you 3x the pot on the turn with queens