View Single Post
Old 01-5-2016, 07:07 AM   #24
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: why should we care about other people?

Once again I'm late to the discussion. w/e

If you want an objective reason to care about other people, the most convincing practical argument that I can come up with is that it is simply objectively beneficial to cooperate with other people.

Take any economics 101 class and you'll understand this. If people specialized in particular jobs, they would collectively get more done. A basic math problem can demonstrate proof of concept on a micro-level. On a larger scale, it's much easier to observe through example: It's completely unfeasible and absurd to imagine that a single human being is capable of producing a modern computer from circuit components, let alone nature. Yet humanity as a whole has not only done that, but can also mass produce it on a level that makes it accessible for most any middle-class person.

Your entire life is inevitably going to involve interactions with other people, there's really no way to avoid it (unless you're absolutely committed to it, which will involve very heavy sacrifices). Even if you wanted to be a complete sociopath, it's still in your benefit to treat other people as objects that can work to your benefit if you know how to handle them. If you objectify and disrespect people, they're not going to be willing to work with you, so being able to empathize (or even put up a convincing facade) is a good skill to learn. This is something that most intelligent sociopaths generally realize and accept.

Unfortunately though, similar to the other thread, I don't think the author of the opening post actually cares enough about discussion, and really just wants to post vapid pseudo-philosophical cliches for attention.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 01-5-2016 at 07:11 AM..