View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 01:47 PM   #7
Gingerham
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: Tips to improve?

I'm gonna give the same advice I tend to give people about your skill level who are stuck where they are and say play etterna. I do think if you're serious about the game etterna is just better tailored to fundamental improvement (speed, stam, etc.). I played ffr and got stuck at around D4 forever. Then I switched to stepmania and was D6 within a year which I think a lot of people improve even faster than that.

I think FFR is more catered towards pattern studying/figuring out how to hit tricky patterns but isn't as good necessarily for speed/stamina training which could be a reason you're stuck. Also etterna is better for improving your reading on dense stuff imo.

Etterna also helps with working towards improving a certain skill set (speed charts, stamina charts, tech, etc.) since there are a lot of charts that are focused towards a certain one. So if you feel lacking in a certain area etterna makes it a lot easier to find a lot of charts catered towards your weakness. It's also not a coincidence that most of the people in the top 100 are primarily etterna players.

Last edited by Gingerham; 07-31-2020 at 01:51 PM..
Gingerham is offline   Reply With Quote