Old 07-20-2019, 06:36 PM   #271
ULTIMEGA
Torn to oblivion!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Skill Rating & Leaderboards Discussion [Updated Oct 16]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokepots View Post
2 things:

firstly, im even more confused than my last "even more confused" post.

second, i really appreciate everyones help in trying to explain it to me, but it just seems like im not going to understand it.

im just going to go back to enjoying the game, song per song, and consider the ranking system a loss :/ have a good one.
Allow me to clarify. I can see where you're struggling to understand what's going on, so I'm gonna help you there.

Here is your current dashboard.

And here's mine for comparison.

What you're seeing are the top 15 scores of both of us, and these determine your global player rank. The system takes the top 15 scores you've gotten and averages them out to determine what your player level is based on AAA equivalency.

What is "AAA Equivalency?" It's very simple. It means that whatever score you get on a song, that's about the level of AAA you might get based on your performance.

For example, let's suppose we take Excite Bike, which is a difficulty level of 3. A AAA on it would result in a 3.0 AAA equivalency. So let's take your top score which is The Games We Played Part 1, which is a difficulty 66. You currently have a AAA equivalency of 44.29, meaning that in order to match that, you'd need to AAA a song whose difficulty is roughly 44 to 45.

Now we'll take my top score of Game Genie, a difficulty 91, making my current AAA equivalency of 88.65. Meaning in order to match that, I'd need to AAA a song whose difficulty is 88-89.

As for the bottom 14 scores below that, what that is is your AAA weight, or the songs that carry most of the weight of your skill level so far. The system takes those scores, adds them together, and then divides them all by 15 to get the overall average. So let's use an example here in terms of math.

Let's say your highest AAA is a level 50 chart. As an example, we'll say it's The Impresario. For the sake of argument, let's suppose you've black flagged an addition 14 level 50 charts. The system detects this and averages that out to get an estimate of roughly 49-50, which comes out as your skill level.

In case you're still confused, let's dial it down and make things even simpler. Let's supposed you have AAA'd all Level 1 charts and have played nothing else. The system will detect those charts as your highest scores and therefore averages you to level 1 by default since you haven't played any harder charts. If we're talking Level 2 charts plus Level 1 charts, it'll be roughly half way between Level 1 and 2. Adding all Level 3 charts will get you at least level 3 or 4, adding all level 4 songs will put you at roughly level 4, and so on.

Now, we'll take this same logic and apply it to moderate difficulties. Let's suppose you ignore every other difficulty level and you play only level 55 charts and AAA all of them except for one, and let's suppose for that one you get a score of 3-1-1-2 or something like that. That run would be your weakest, so the game would likely ignore it and average out only the top 15 scores on that dashboard, putting you at an even 55 if you only play level 55 charts and have, again, AAA'd all except for that one.

Things only get a bit complicated when you get messy scores on higher level songs, but you get a AAA equivalency of a lower level. That is your peak until you skill boost and improve your current best score. Therefore, by improving your score on Games we played Part 1, you'll not only increase your skill rating, but you'll also improve your player rank.

And like everyone else said, everything else doesn't matter. The only thing that matters in this case is what songs you play and how well you do on them. The harder the song, and the better you do on that song, the higher your skill rating, which is the short version of everything I just said.

I hope this helped, and sorry for the long-ass reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
@ULTIMEGA, dank meme genie.

HIGHEST AAA:Necropotence [90]
HIGHEST SDG: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)
HIGHEST FC: Six Acid Strings [101]
HIGHEST SCORE: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)
ULTIMEGA is offline   Reply With Quote