View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 08:39 AM   #59
Zapmeister
FFR Player

Default Re: Skill Rating & Leaderboards Discussion [Updated Feb 16]

ok this seems like a brilliant idea but can someone explain heuristically why a score of 20 goods is supposedly that much better than a score of 28 goods or even 24 goods, and also why four scores are supposedly sufficient to determine a player's skill level when they could all be weighted towards the same set of patterns (like aim anthem, club, largiloqu-ican'tspellthisthing are all jack-heavy songs)

also your system assumes that the difficulty scale is multiplicative. i mean like if you have 2 people and one of them can comfortably aaa 30's and the other one can aaa 60's and you get the first person to play a 40 and the second person to play an 80 then they'll get roughly the same score. i'm not 100% convinced on this bit but that's just my impression so feel free to convince me otherwise.

sorry if i come across as overly critical, i really like the idea of sorting out ffr division placements once and for all, i'd just like more...... transparency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
There are hard skill ranking cutoffs to get into a division.

The only reason you would get demoted is one of two possible reasons, in my mind:

a.) a song that was one of your top four scores gets removed from the game, or

b.) a score on one of those four songs gets forcibly removed
you forgot when someone lowers the difficulty rating of one of those four songs (as well as reuben_tate's raw scoring point, but that's probably a marginal case)

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote