View Single Post
Old 05-3-2012, 08:40 PM   #45
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Flight of the Bumblebee [11 or 12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
The speed and consistency required along with getting past random patterns is part of the difficulty. Difficulty shouldn't only be defined for people who have the speed to hit the file.
Thank you for re-iterating my point. :3

Anyways, I think that limiting who should be able to judge difficulties to people that can only do well on the file is just plain silly. Remember that speed is something that's gained as a player progresses, even the simplest of patterns can turn into a near-mash fest if the player doesn't have the speed to hit the file. I personally think that if a player ultimately ends up mashing a difficulty X song, then they probably can't differentiate between difficulties that are difficulty X and higher. For example, to most D1 players, they would probably view fmo's and fgo's and just "hard stuff" that they would end up mashing most of the time and they probably wouldn't be able to differentiate between them. Also, the contrast to this is also true, higher-level players tend to have a hard time trying to differentiate lower-difficulties, like I personally have a hard time distinguishing between a 2 or a 3 or a 4, etc; basically difficulties I can sightread AAA. I don't even know where I'm going with this anymore, and I don't see this thread going anywhere either, it seems the opinions are heavily split. :/

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing