View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 10:45 AM   #153
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
To say "Well if you substitute "The Catholic Church" for say..."Pick a race" you'll see how that statement magically becomes racist!" and like...okay, except the statement was about the group that actually does the thing the statement was about. Replacing it with a group that -does not do that- making the analogy fall apart is not actually a criticism of that analogy.
but see, she didn't criticize the ideology; she criticized the people who believe it. and so yes, it's an offensive sweeping generalization that she can't even prove to be true (e.g. are you sure that christians want to punish women? perhaps some, but can you make that generalization?). when speaking about subjects like this, she should have been more careful with what she said. not that i'm offended (duh), but fighting bigotry with more bigotry does not make progress.

anyway i still think it's a good thought exercise :shrug:

Quote:
You need look no further than all of the coal miners and farmers that voted for Trump who are now being completely ruined by his policies. You can look at the success of candidates in poorer rural white areas who go on to just give tax breaks to the wealthy and leave the poor with cuts to all their services. It happens ALL THE TIME.
i meant it sincerely that what you were talking about was something i never heard of before, and i wanted links in order to learn more about it. it's okay if that's not something you have, but i wasn't contesting your prior point.

Quote:
If the environment creates internalized misogyny and causes women raised in that environment to hold those positions, I think it's fair to suggest that the ~20% of people who "want to ban abortion" would be much closer to 10% of all those women hadn't been raised and then married into and then lived in an environment that taught them to hate themselves.
yeah, i agree. but what you said doesn't refute what i said, if that's what you were going for.
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 05-17-2019 at 10:48 AM..
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote