Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 10-4-2020, 09:49 PM   #566
Andrew WCY
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Coronavirus

It's a bit better here at where I live. We've endured a long time by attending online classes via Zoom, but now the government has allowed schools to reopen. Students are going back to school with a mask on, and numerous measures are in place to protect the safety and health of everyone, including hand sanitizers and extra masks (especially for students in elementary schools).

From the amount of time I've spent outside, I have only ever seen one or two people in total not put a mask on. Curiously enough, it's always a foreigner.

EDIT: To include some background information, we had a surge of confirmed cases and deaths some months ago due to a complete relaxation of Coronavirus rules (e.g. having social gathering limits removed), since we've had a 20+ day streak of having no local cases at all. A new Coronavirus storm took place, and the government had to put those laws back in place again. Now, it would not relax the rules completely, and would do so bit-by-bit instead. After the storm has died down, our government deemed it safe and necessary for schools to reopen, and I agree with them: Our situation here has become a lot more stable, and confirmed cases are less than 10 each day.

Last edited by Andrew WCY; 10-4-2020 at 09:56 PM..