View Single Post
Old 02-6-2024, 11:36 AM   #1575
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2022 albums +1000th album halp

Day 1070: Wall of Eyes by not-Radiohead

I remember back in November 2022 these guys played one of the few venues in NYC that I have yet to go to, same one where friends of mine saw Dethklok and BABYMETAL, and I wanted to go but all the tickets on resale were over $100 which I refused to pay so I saw The Band Formerly Known As Viet Cong instead for like $20. Then in July they played a bigger venue and sales were so bad that they gave away like hundreds of tickets for free, so I snagged a pair, then realized I couldn't make it as I already had obligations to take my buddy to a punk show then to see CFCF and Cut Copy play DJ sets right after, so I ended up re-giving those away. So I've still never seen these guys play. Or Radiohead for that matter. Oh well.

Anyways, this is easily my favorite project from ol' droopy eyes and the one other Radiohead member involved since In Rainbows. Reception seems to be pretty split on whether this is an improvement or a downgrade from their 2022 debut but I think the two albums are too different to really compare. But dang, the emotional content here hit me hard, a feeling that is only aided by how theatrical and crescendo-heavy every single song here is. Great start to major/mainstream releases for the year.

Best Track: balls
Rating: 8/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote