View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 10:52 AM   #222
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Let me break down reasons why I have my vote on you now.

I got first suspicion from this post because usually from the experiences I've had with others, is that generally, in all situations, having a KitB situation is very bad for town. Not only does it thin out the votes across 2 people so that if a wolf or two have a reason to swap votes, it can manipulate the lynch for town to a mislynch, but if a wolf is receiving pressure, they can roll dice to get out of their respective lynch. It makes me slightly uneasy that mellon was quick to town-lean from this post, but there was zero follow-up on it. I'm assuming that maybe mellon's perspective is coming from one that acknowledges that it's a new player, and they may lack game experience that would be crucial to knowing stuff like this, but it's worth pointing out.

This is straight up restricting town knowledge. If the vote lands on you or you die or something and you decided to withhold that information, then it becomes lost knowledge, and town will play the game forever without that knowledge. AKA, it doesn't help town. So, if you're town and you aren't really there to help town solve the game, then it's kind of just a dead weight vote. This is what ended up confirming my vote on Sanzath in the previous game that we were talking about, because I was attempting to ask him questions about where his wolf reads would be if I flipped town (as most votes were on me and votes were starting to pile on Sanzath), and he refused to answer those because he was pretty darn sure I was a wolf, and that a wolf shouldn't have privileges to those answers for their own agenda.

I actually understand your last point. To be honest, my previous opinion was that d0 had no real information to give, and everyone’s just playing around and it would be a random lynch either way. I can actually see at this point how people could actually give out some decent information, especially if they know the game and the other players.