View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 04:54 PM   #1082
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2020 albums halp

Day 725: A Written Testimomy by Jay Electronica

I remember when Exhibit C came out. I was in the 6th grade.

Okay that's a lie. What I DO actually remember is when my friend showed me that song on the bus home in the fall of 2010, my first year of six in hell school. I was cringily enough one of those "le wrong generation" kids but back then I had to admit it was a good track.

Fastforward 9 years and I see this dude is playing in Boston. I ended up seeing SOB X RBE instead because... I don't remember I was drunk. But I do remember wondering what the fuck he was gonna perform, considering he all but dropped off the face of the earth after that 2009 track. I still like it a lot, by the way, but who doesn't?

As for this album? It's pretty good, minus the anti-semitism... That's a bad sentence but hey I've reviewed Burzum and Johnny Rebel since others told me to. Is it worth the 11 year wait? For me, I wasn't really waiting or even expecting this to come out, but I must imagine no, it isn't.

Some tracks just flat-out don't work, unfortunately those tending to be the ones with the more experimental beats, and why is there an intro on a 10 track album? But of the 9 other tracks, I enjoyed a majority, the softer ones locking me in with the themes of introspection and the more bombastic ones being a burst of confidence that is more than welcome, since those softer ones tend to be longer such as the two final AND longest tracks.

Not a knock on the album, but it's funny that I enjoyed Jay-Z's performances more than the artist himself.

Best Track: Universal Soldier
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote