DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: What happened to Etienne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
bruh this is literally the entire post-itg community

except it was divided in two, tech and stamina. Accuracy still has its place in Stepmania too
I think over time people have noticed how bad polarization got in the American dance game community.

Fungah and Little Matt were top players that were quite arrogant, Little Matt was a lot worse though (IMO) -- both got banned from tournaments after the sexual assault situations. Syn also was a recent example, MFC'd a 16 on DDR and then fell into a similar boat.

Back when happyf333tz showcased Pump It Up on Summer Games Done Quick, he had over 70k viewers live at the time. Afterwards, a bunch of people dogpiled on him saying nasty things to get attention to their channels. It was disgusting and convinced him to stop publicly posting about dance games, but I know for a fact he still likes to push himself and play the game itself. He's sent me pictures of D24 SSS's for example, that he hasn't posted elsewhere.

It's this obsession of "haha number go up" that really destroyed the community. All people cared about was taking viewers from others and then "hey I did a stream 10 BPM faster" and turning it into a pissing contest over time. And then stamina players complain about why their videos only have like, a few hundred views when all they do is shuffle their feet.

And yes, this is coming from someone who also did stamina training for a bit, and also mixed pushing myself on other types of charts.

Here are some examples:
Old Skool Luv (Challenge) [94.72%] - Crossover Stamina 14, 140 BPM
Max 300 (Challenge) [93.32%] - Crossover Stamina 14, 150 BPM
OUTER LIMITS (Hard) [83.82%] - Crossover Stamina 15, 171 BPM
KlungKung 2004 (Challenge) [76.50%] - KlungKung 2004 (Challenge) [76.50%], 175 BPM
For FFR (Challenge) [72.16%] - Crossover Stamina 16, 180 BPM

This isn't including other normal pattern charts I've passed (e.g. Still Grey SX 16 from Pendulum).

As of recently, tech files have gotten some more visibility, but it's still very closed off. Basically, anything above a tech 14 is "unfun".

So let me ask you this:
- every ITG player seems to be fine with playing anything above a 14 with normal patterns
- but once it's a tech file, all of a sudden it becomes "unfun" -- why?

I literally just showed several examples of me playing non-standard patterns, and I also played other types of charts to push myself, but then you got the American dance game community whining like a bunch of toddlers when they can't do as much stream because of harder patterns.

It's basically the social media nonsense all over again. "I passed 512 measures of this stream! Number go up!" -- and when something goes against that, their entire world crumbles.

It's pathetic. I've seen more players over time just play the game lowkey and not post scores because of the drama and clout chasing. It's better for mental health and iamchris4life has opened up to how hard DDR has been on his mental health too.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 02-15-2023 at 11:02 PM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote