Old 09-10-2018, 06:19 PM   #5
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dossar's Foot Play goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I'm super jealous you have a SMX pad, from what I've heard they're amazing to play on.
I'm surprised you haven't changed it to have a non-button centre panel though, but I guess that's counter intuitive if you have any desire in smx the game...

Anyways good stuff!! It's also cool to see it motivating for fitness etc

I wonder if there would be enough interest for a pad scores megathread on ffr, btw... I know theres actually a bunch of people who play various pad games here (ddr/itg/piu)
I legitimately felt sorry for anyone that wasn't able to get the wave in early August this year. All 100 units sold out within 3 minutes. I ended up missing the first two waves (apparently they sold out in 6 minutes in the previous available units), so it was relieving to get one from this set.

A few things about working with the SMX pad:
- I did replace the center panel with the gray metal panel originally, and it's noticeably higher than the other panels which makes play worse. It's also incredibly hard to remove. Never again.
- Keeping the original panel allows for a smoother surface to play on. Currently the middle panel is a bit lower than the other four panels, but that's much better than being higher. I'll need to get a raiser frame if I want the middle panel to be on the same level as the other panels as best as possible.

At some point in the near future I'm planning on compiling together some recorded videos I took when modifying the pads. Basically, there are four load cell sensors in each panel and you need to take at least three main things into account to get the panels to a better state:
1.) Adjust the outer screw of the sensor
2.) Spin up the sensor head so it's closer to the panel
3.) Loosen the panel a bit so it doesn't restrict the sensor from movement. This does raise the panel slightly.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 09-10-2018 at 06:28 PM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote