View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 09:12 PM   #167
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 105: #CALxTAPExTHREE# by Cal Chuchesta

I dunno why, but I'm feeling pretty crappy today. It feels kinda like singles' blues but hey, I was feeling like I was on top of the world yesterday. Why not take advantage of my crappy mood and listen to some crybaby music?

This blatantly isn't crybaby music. We'll get to that later.

This "mixtape" contains much longer instrumentals than the previous two Cal Chuchesta releases, with one song even reaching two minutes! There's not as much cohesion as the first release, but here, there seems to be an abundance of actual, fleshed-out MELODIES. Also, he uses a Frank Zappa sample. This is easily the best of the three mixtapes based on the first half. Let's see if it drops off in quality or remains static (I doubt it'll get better).

trep benger is hideous. Other than I say that, dare I say I actually enjoyed this one outside of a tongue-in-cheek context. Way better than the other two Caltapes.

Best Track: mrs. sahara plamer
Rating: I'm feeling a strong 5 to a light 6 on this thing, tran-SITION did you blhblahbl

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote