View Single Post
Old 09-2-2020, 10:18 AM   #17
trumaestro
I don't get no respect
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Stock Market Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi40 View Post
if anything, people should look to make money off of this stupidity and the retail investors flooding (this includes you, and me) but also have a valid exit plan. after joining the workforce i've met all kinds of people, including people whom you'd never expect to be "wealthy," like people who've flipped houses during 2005-2007 for millions of dollars when they knew all too well it was a bubble.

basically, the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent. so why not enjoy the ride? personally speaking i'm up $18,000 today and i didn't even contribute anything to society. it's really, a joke honestly.
I like that there is an increase in market participation. It should mean more people can become financially literate, and learn how to read financial statements.

I still question why some new-ish companies see huge share price growth without the profits to back it up. It know it's based on potential profits and possible future cash flows, but at some point it becomes a question of just how long you'd have to wait to see actual profit out of the company. Hype only lasts so long. That's why I like Warren Buffet; his strategy is actually pretty simple with time in market and investing in business models you can understand.

As far as your last point, you can consider the taxes you pay on your earnings a contribution to society.
trumaestro is offline   Reply With Quote