~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
Sunfan: *A reasonable explanation as to why town shouldn't play a certain way*

Force: *Meme quote*

guess I lose this one
I think your post is largely correct. The one contradiction I see is that wagonomics really only makes sense in the context of dyads, because players vote for other players. When you analyze voting patterns of specific players--- which is a very good tool for solving--- you naturally start asking yourself about the alignment relationship between the voters and the votees.

While individual actions are reliable pieces of evidence, there is always going to be that context which is additional information to hone the read.

I definitely think that basing reads based on dyads this early on is fundamentally risky, but I still think that you can't fully understand human behavior and agenda without at least utilizing connections between players. An example would be with FG: her voting for Ulli is confusing and scummy at first, until you realize that she wanted to keep FFA alive because of the nature of their relationship.

---Anyway, this is more academic and nitpicky than is useful. I think the policy you've described in your wallpost is the best way to at least start out with reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic