View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 09:33 PM   #92
s1rnight
( ŻuŻ)-b
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to s1rnight Send a message via Skype™ to s1rnight
Default Re: Dump Batch Discussion Thread

(it brings to heart the same kind of healthy collaboration you see more obviously among the japanese rhythm gamers with things like the BMS contests, where people write songs in order to write charts for them, which then stimulates dreams of more songs that could be written for charts yet to be made, which then stimulates more songs made to be written for charts, and so on, and they work symbiotically...!)

(it would be dangerous, for example, to say "well, there are a lot of songs, but it is the charts that matter, so i will use any song to make any chart i want", because any possibility for wider interaction is then lost... you lose, for example, the sense that what a person does when he hits the arrows is a kind of drumming, and itself a part of the very music he is hitting along to...)

(though at some point, when he hits the keys/"drums" fast enough, there is a sense that what he is doing is no longer "drumming" as such, either... for example, a "300 bpm" stream is already equivalent to a 20hz tone! because of that, i often see the temptation in the osu!mania files, such as for example, in "mario paint [d.another]" to treat a vibrato or even a single sustained tone as a "very fast vibration of drum notes"... since that is in a sense what it is...!)

Last edited by s1rnight; 08-23-2022 at 09:40 PM..
s1rnight is offline   Reply With Quote