View Single Post
Old 09-9-2019, 04:32 PM   #795
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG 189: Funnygurl VS T-Force Rivalry GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
have you ever been happy with a xel bigpost in your life. i think he's near always picked and chosen what he wants to respond to

also he didn't "claim" to be "starting from scratch" anywhere, a reread doesn't imply a reset. you expecting meaningful time series data from d0 implies anything important happened on d0 as well

like, let's talk about grand twgabout for another catch-up example (he was wolf there) - after the fact i could go back and read his catch-up and thought it was more jokey and jabby than content-heavy, and so i thought i could try and read him on fluff/content divide there, but nah he just rolled town for a few games after that and it didn't work out because i couldn't really identify differences

(besides the turbo where i got him to sub into a wolf team that seemed dead from rand, but that may as well be a non-game, and don't recall him trying ot make a post like this)

also in iso it looks to me like he's posting thoughts while he compiles his bigpost, since i doubt he writes that all in the gap of time between posts, so of course he can reach back for observations he's making as he goes. this wasn't something i noticed at the time, probably because thread started moving faster so he could readily get more lost in the shuffle

and like, yes, i hate my decision to vote him in the end which is like part being a coward and part needing an immediate counter to the cop claim

i think seeing how his wolf reads come out in the end ignores the progressions he has to get to town on other people, like myself and you, so even if he winds up in the same place it's shoring up his confidence on other players. he definitely didn't have a stated read on me prior, and the way i read the "..." and "i'm not sure how i feel about this" suggests a divide in his read on you too

he does spend time identifying contradictions in kappa's posts, unless that's not the kind of higher-order thinking you're looking for; also there's two midway stops with a couple reads within the time series so there was at least stock taken at three points

like you don't need to lie and tell me things aren't there that are there and vice-versa, just say they aren't worth anything. i guess the word "almost" is doing a hell of a job in your all caps. as reactions go it just seems like you really hate time series

---

and re: h&h, maybe i won't give away your tell if we really don't want to talk about it yet, but another aspect is a game-wide focus thing, being that i was told off looking at him 2 or 3 times and he's attracted few votes ever, even just for pressure
I mean I do hate time series, it always seems lazy to me. I assumed that since he was doing a time-sequence and also that he gave reads on dead players it was a reset but that's an assumption. But Xelnya doesn't always do time series, he has games where he's actually more engaged and on-top of things

and sure xel picks and chooses things he wants to talk about but those are exactly the things he needs to be judged on. it's all we have. like what heuristics do we even have for him? I know how to generally play the game but xel consistently falls outside of "normal play" (no offense to him, a lot of times he is insightful in his own way)

I flat-out lost track of how to read him specifically but I did see a pattern of "many words, low evolution" which was scummy and at EoD was ringing alarm bells; your post-mortem in the above quote makes sense in the current context but weren't things on my mind at the time (certainly not comparing to prior games) and honestly read of hindsight bias.

I'm sorry I deferred your queries about HnH but I did what I thought was right given the circumstances. There is something I recently noticed but I'm not going to prime anybody before/if he arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic