Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 02:46 PM   #114
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nkeyz View Post
I don't want to downplay the virus, because I take it very seriously. But the effect this economic shutdown is going to have on businesses, economy and communities far outweighs the fact that some people might get sick. We are going to go into a recession because of this.

We should isolate the vurnerable and protect them as much as possible, meanwhile the healthy people that don't pose much risk to eachother should be cautious, but go on with their business.

We can't just shut down the whole economy for months/years. These policies will destroy people's futures.
I agree but until we get a handle on this thing we probably can't overreact

I woke up to like 400 more cases in my state this morning and being Florida a lot of people here really are vulnerable. I'm kind of trapped into having to take this as serious as possible.

I think a good start to what you are saying is that people who still have their income should not try to horde the stimulus check if/when that gets passed and sent out. No one spending money will absolutely not help here

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter