View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 02:17 AM   #19
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Guys, I got StepMania into AGDQ!!

A big part of it too is going to be addressing the questions you always get and the banter between levels

Like I can tell you right now, someone is always going to be curious why "Marvelous" is better than "Perfect" ("wtf how can something be better than perfect") and being able to joke about how it honestly really doesn't make any fucking sense, and maybe being able to explain the origins of the system (Perfect came from DDR, but then it was realized that something stricter was needed) and, as Mina said, you can even go into the millisecond window (explained in terms of frames, which is something the speedrun crowd is very familiar with) to blow some more minds once they realize "Marvelous" is literally frame perfect.

Also being able to talk while you play, which I know you are already really good at, is something a lot of people find impressive.

EDIT- another question, which I'm sure you are familiar with from streaming, is "do you just memorize everything?"
Being able to answer that with "no" convincingly is important. If people don't believe me I ask them to pick a pack from the pack list I've never even heard of and sightread some files, but you're not going to have that luxury so figuring out another way to explain it is important.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 11-26-2015 at 02:21 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote