Thread: Path of Exile
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
d4u7211
Aficionado of Awk
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to d4u7211
Default Path of Exile

Alright, so the game has become very popular and received lots of praise. I just started last night and I can already say the game is VERY dynamic. I didn't see a thread about this already, though.

Path of Exile is a (currently) free to play BETA game that has been claimed "what Diablo III should have been." It features about the same range of character types to choose from as D3, but the skill upgrading and attack combinations are outstanding.

Here is the current skill tree:

Note that what I'm saying below is just what I have observed; some of it may be not wholly correct

To start, I'd say I can tell I'll like it better than D3 already. For one, there is no auction house. It is pure trading, from what I've seen, although I believe you can pay with real money as well (not sure, haven't tried) and currency items include special items that you need to improve apparel and weapons. (as in, you sell an item to an NPC and in turn they will give you items like scrolls, etc.) Each item that you can wield and wear has a number of sockets on it, a minimum of 1 generally, and what I've seen, up to three. You have three skill stats, dexterity, intelligence, and strength, and each socket can randomly correspond to each of these stats. You can find gems that fit with the color that matches the gem, also matching a stat. These gems give you special abilities (usually attacks) that you can use, and these gems can even level up to produce more desired effects.

To me, it seems like they made the game very dynamic with which way you can choose to level your character up (or rather, focus on gem levelling) without making it overcomplicated.

What you bitches think?

Last edited by d4u7211; 01-26-2013 at 01:03 PM..
d4u7211 is offline   Reply With Quote