View Single Post
Old 08-4-2021, 01:02 AM   #1225
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: ymotohciD :daerhT emaG 002 GWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
invisible mode is useful if you don't want to be stalked, watched, or otherwise observed when you don't want to be. it's a valuable function for a forum like this.
If any of those are actually a concern then playing TWG at all is a bad idea lmao. TWG isn't a private group anymore anyone can see you post. Actually considering how a forum "like this" actually works, what you just said made no sense

If you're signing up for a public game where you post publicly, then the privacy having your name removed provides probably doesn't help.

And there's no nice way to accusse people of this but with you being the only noticable exception, I remember it was the lower posters who really campaigned for this back when. I don't really believe it was about privacy as a whole because that angle simply doesn't make any sense in how the site actually functions. People wanted to not get caught having time to check in on the game but then not contributing.

With the inactivity issue we have I'd rather have rules that encourageinteractions rather then provide cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123kappa3 View Post
doesnt the fact that you can view as a guest totally negate all of this
You know, at least that doesn't inconvenience the mods

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter